Vision Asset Finance (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Vision Asset Finance Limited of 17-18 The Courtyard, Galgorm Castle, Galgorm Road, Ballymena BT42 1HL, UK.
Information we May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at Speedlease.co.uk (“our sites”), including, without limitation, personal identification details, and information about your company or organisation. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, purchasing goods via our sites or requesting further services. We may also ask you for further information when you place an order for goods or services with us, submit a query or request credit terms via our sites or report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us via email or via our online enquiry service, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or enquiry;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we and/or third parties authorised by us use for research or statistical purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen at the time of registering to use our site) a user name and/or password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and/or our third party subcontractors or medical practitioners, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for purchase of goods;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about other goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email or telephone.
If you are an existing user of our sites, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties not involved in your medical treatment, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users for medical research or statistical purposes. Such third parties may include, without limitation, government, credit reference agencies and financial companies.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to enable finance companies registered with us to provide you with credit facilities advice as requested by you.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £15.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com